Tuesday, April 09, 2013

An Easter Meditation

Lord Jesus, sometimes dark clouds of doubt and fear hang over me.
I'm not sure where you are,
or even if you really are alive now for me.
I don't seem to be achieving anything,
and I feel weighed down with heavy feelings of despair.
Lord, make yourself known to me again.

Lord, is it your voice I hear?
Help me to be still as I listen for your words to me.

~~{ silence }~~

As each day dawns fresh and new, so the light of your love
breaks through the dark shutters of my life.
Help me to recognise you and to respond with my whole life.

Here I am, Lord.

Lord Jesus, you nourish me day by day.
You provide me with strength to face the week ahead.
You transform my futile efforts into abundant harvest.
You forgive my past foolishness and give me energy to face life afresh, strong in the knowledge that you are always with me.

Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ.  AMEN.

No comments: