Thursday, June 14, 2012

You are known


You are known. I know you.
I created you. I am still creating you.
And I have loved you from your mother’s womb.
You have fled - as you now know - from my love;
but I love you nevertheless and not-the-less,
and however far you flee, it is I who sustain your very power of fleeing;
and I will never finally let you go.
I accept you as you are. You are beloved, and you are forgiven.
I know all your personal sufferings. I have always known them.
For beyond your understanding, when you suffer, I suffer as well.
I also know all the little tricks by which you try to hide - from yourself and others - the ugliness you have made of your life.
But know that, from my view, you are beautiful, more deeply within than you can see.
You are beautiful because you yourself, in the unique person that only you are,
reflect already something of the beauty of my holiness in a way which shall never end.
And I, perhaps I alone, truly see the beauty that you shall become.
Through the transforming power of my love, which is made perfect in humility and weakness,
you shall become perfectly beautiful - in a unique and irreplaceable way,
which neither you nor I will work out alone, for we shall work it out together.
--Charles Robinson,

No comments: